People suffer from various kinds of anxiety and it often gets unbearable around holidays or special occasions. When you are feeling anxious it is hard to think and hard to know what to do about it. Know that what you are feeling is either fear of the unknown or fear of being exposed. Examine this fear and ask yourself how practical is it? Don’t try to talk yourself out of what you are feeling but learn some of the ways you can manage your anxiety.
To manage your anxiety there are three areas to look into: Physically, Mentally & Spiritually. In part one it will discuss what aspects you can look at physically to manage anxiety.
- Look at your eating habits, do you drink a lot of caffeine products, such as coffee, energy drinks or soda? If so, cut back on them.
- Do you smoke cigarettes or use chewing tobacco? Nicotine only calms for moments and then creates a restlessness that requires more nicotine.
- Are you getting enough exercise? Research shows that daily exercise doing something you love reduces anxiety. Walking, running, dancing and weight lifting are all ways to reduce anxiety.
- How hard do you work? Are you a workaholic? Do you not work at all because of fear?
- Are you able to sleep or do you let yourself worry and think all night? There are ways to take care of an over active mind.
- One way is to Pray and Learn to Let Go.
- Another is to Count Backwards from 100...
- And another way is to Concentrate on Your Breathing.
TIP: Your mind can only handle one thought at a time, you can teach yourself to sleep all night through doing one or more of these things.